Saturday, February 21, 2009

Did I forget to mention....

.....that I'm well now? I'd say about 97% anyway. Just a little tickle in the chest or throat that turns up when it gets dry. All week, people at work were telling me how much better I looked which translates to "Lady, you looked like crap for the longest time!" I'm just so glad I'm better. I was really thinking it would never happen.

I spent the day in my office -- tax season has officially hit for me. I've done two returns completely and most of another two and then I have to tackle ours. Bleah.

R was looking like a homeless man so I finally gave him a haircut. To tell the truth, I'm darn tired of being his barber. And when I was sick, I was too sick to cut his hair which is why he was looking like a homeless man. I told him he really should find a real barber but he doesn't even know how. I've been cutting his hair since we started dating. He was 16. He's 50 now. I've ruined him for venturing out into the big wide world of hair care after 34 years of not having to. I'm such an enabler.

We watched "Burn After Reading" tonight. As Cohen brothers fans, we liked it but it wasn't our favorite. I believe the ranks for that are:

1. The Big Lebowski
2. O Brother Where Art Thou?
3. Raising Arizona

Actually, any of those three could be number one at any one time. We also liked Fargo but the bloodiness is tough. We watch most of it through our fingers. "Burn After Reading" is more Fargo-esque than like any of the other three.

Frances McDormand rocks in so many ways.

1. She's married to a Cohen (I don't know which).
2. She's normal looking.
3. She seems to be normal acting.

Again, any one of those three could be number one at any time.

It's funny how being married to someone I like elevates people in my eyes. I was indifferent to Jamie Lee Curtis until I found she was married to Christopher Guest (plus she did that photo for some magazine without makeup or retouching -- that rocked). Jane Pauley? Married to Garry Trudeau? Who'd have thunk it. And Anne Bancroft married to Mel Brooks? I had no idea but it made her cool and real in my eyes.

Before I forget, I had my evaluation. It went well and I had a good one. I was happy with it, especially when I was told to expect a mid-range one because going "overboard" isn't how it usually plays. It was above mid range (not much but enough to make me feel good) and I'm always about being above average.

Should be enough. I've got to help R make our bed. Ta!

No comments: