...this would be the tedious middle part where the plot drags. If I were a movie, this would be where the editor missed the boat. If I were a song............well you get the drift.
Let's recap:
1. Got sick
2. Still sick
I'm facing the very real possibility that I'll never be well. Here are my options:
1. Get well
2. Stay sick
3. Die
I guess that's everyone's possibility at some point, right? But I was thinking today and wondered if this is how it's going to be. Am I going to be always sick or maybe more sick than well. Either way sucks.
(My disclaimer for this post is that I am not well oxygenated and I've been feverish for probably ten days.)
I've been craving only food that I can taste. Anything spicy (we've overdone the Mexican menus) or sweet (I should be ashamed of the chocolate and peanut M&M's I've eaten). In an exceedingly clever move, I found that Hot Tamales candy does the trick for both sweet and spicy.
I am now on Mucinex and a steady supply of Aleve. I'm also taking Emergen-C. I'm pumping in the liquids and blowing out wallpaper paste.
My dear co-workers are concerned and think perhaps it is the jungle of plants behind my desk making me sick. I assure them that no, I am also sick at home, but they remind me that the lady who worked at my desk before me was also sick a lot, especially when she got a cold. She smoked and weighed about 15 pounds. Really, I don't think it's the plants.
Unless I end up hospitalized, this will be my last post about illness (at least this illness). Promise.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
If I were a book....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment