Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shoe-in

We dashed out to look at shoes tonight after I had a little shoe emergency this morning. My shoe emergency was that I wanted to wear a semi-dressy black shoe with a medium heel but the only one I had was a tired looking pump that I used to wear to the law firm. I'm positive it was a cheap pair that I got only because it was my size. It looks old and for some reason, chewed. I wore them anyway but wasn't happy about it. Hence the shoe emergency.

I found a nice black pair of Life Stride shoes with a medium heel that was comfy. Bought 'em. Then I decided to check out all of the EuroSteps I could find because I have one pair and they are awesome. Found a cute brown pair, kind of a Mary Jane with flair, and bought them too. Then R found a pair of black work shoes that can handle the grease from his shop. He bought them.

I do more walking at this job than at my last, so nice looking, comfy shoes are necessary. I also don't really want to clomp my way down the hallowed halls, interrupting classes and such, so I try to have reasonably quiet soles. I'm so thoughtful it's scary.

Every time I shoe shop I get mad because my feet are hard to fit. And no one carries my size. And if they do, it's in very limited styles. And every time I get mad about shoe shopping I tell R that in my next life I'm going to have normal feet.

By the way, my "in my next life" list is pretty long. Here's a sample:

In my next life, I'm going to....
....have normal feet.
....like coffee.
....like beer.
....be tall.
....be gorgeous.
....be able to sing.
....be able to play an instrument.
....be carefree but responsible (is that possible?)
....be rich.

I guess it's not that long. Is it?

No comments: