Sunday, February 8, 2009

I think I'll make some cookies tonight. If I put oatmeal and raisins in them, won't they count as nutritious snacks? And if I add extra cinnamon and nutmeg, won't I be able to taste them? Sounds like a plan.

I caught up bookwork today. I have an office full of tax info that needs to be input, but what the hell, I've got until April 15. I usually get everyone else's done before ours, and that is currently the plan.

I got a nap today too. It was ridiculously refreshing. We were going to go shopping today so I could get out a little, but ended up staying home. It's probably for the best. We're trying to catch up laundry and return to normal a little so it didn't hurt to stay home. I think baking cookies would help that too, don't you?

A friend stopped by this morning, wondering what we're up to. R was at the grocery store and I went into a rant on sickness so I hope she isn't wishing she'd stayed away. It was good to see her though, and she actually was able to attend the inauguration in D.C. I'm glad she is my friend.

I don't have much else. A neti pot has helped clear my head a little and it actually worked pretty well. It's the first time I've used it. My ears are plugged and popping though, but not in pain. I need something hot to drink to see what else can clear out. Maybe there is an end in sight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny... I went online to look for a neti pot last weekend. In the end, I couldn't decide which to buy so it was easier to not get any. I hope it helps and I hope you start feeling better!

Mary said...

I would recommend it if there is "gunk" that needs to get cleared out. It's really not as disgusting as it sounds, and isn't even as messy as I'd feared. I'd call it a success!