I've got a macaroni and corn casserole in the oven so I can take it to my mom's for Easter dinner. It smells amazing. It's a ridiculous recipe that is just so bad for you but everyone wants it. Every place I take it I get requests. I'm not lying.
Here it is:
1 cup macaroni (I use whole grain, just to make it a little healthy)
1 stick butter, sliced
1 can corn, undrained
1 can cream corn, undrained
1 cup Velveeta, cubed
Butter or spray a 8 x 8 pan with Pam. Dump in all ingredients. Stir. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, stirring once after 30 minutes. Doubling the recipe uses a 13 x 9 pan, and I usually double it.
That's it. If you are adventurous, throw in some other stuff like jalapenos. Since it's Easter, I'm leaving it as is because spicy just doesn't work with the other stuff today.
We played dominoes last night and had a great time. I brought a drink recipe called "bucket punch". I bought a galvanized metal bucket and filled it with:
a 2-liter bottle of lemon-lime soda (I used diet Sierra Mist)
1 12-oz can of frozen lemonade
vodka (enough to fill the empty lemonade can)
3 tsp. vanilla
one lemon and one lime, sliced
ice (should use crushed but I didn't have it so used regular)
It went over well and serving it out of a bucket with a ladle made it folksy. The vanilla made it special.
I don't know why I titled this post "I Should Cook Every Day" because neither of these recipes would qualify as anything other than throwing stuff together. I think it's titled that way because the smell of the casserole is awesome and is making me hungry. I like to cook but need more time to cook the way I want. So most of the time I throw stuff together or we eat things that can be prepared quickly.
Last weekend I made chocolate chip biscotti (I believe I wrote about it) and I finally had to break down and bring it to work. I was eating it uncontrollably. One day I'd eaten four of them by lunchtime. I have no willpower for cookies with chocolate and walnuts.
Dang. Now I wish I had one.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I should cook every day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum! Anything with a stick of buttah and creamed corn sounds like a winner to me!
Post a Comment