I've been incredibly lazy this weekend. I'm stressing about it a little but not enough to get busy and get something done. I can't afford to be lazy and I don't have time to be lazy but I guess I needed to be lazy more than I needed not to.
We were supposed to walk in a fundraiser walk yesterday but it was iffy weatherwise so we called it. We still gave them our checks and then we went galavanting around. It was great because I wasn't really feeling the walk anyway. My sister, R and I went looking at houses and shopping and eating fast food. Later I took a nap and then more shopping. Then out to dinner with my son for and a bit more shopping. We went to antique stores, gift shops, hardware stores, etc. All fun stuff. Bought some plants for the deck.
Today we had the little ones until around noon. My plan was to go to my office and get caught up but "Blech!" Who wants to do that? The weather turned maddeningly cool and windy so the plants will not get potted. No one should have to pot plants when they are shivering. I'm kind of doing laundry but not very dedicated to the task. I did make a batch of caramel corn that I am going to embellish with some drizzled dark chocolate just because I saw it on TV and thought that sounded amazing. I'll bring it into work if it's good. It's a good place to test out recipes.
I need to take a shower but don't feel like it. I got some parts of the house cleaned yesterday but then quit. I swear if it was sunny outside I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever.
If I could eliminate the guilt about not getting anything done, I'd be fine. Sometimes consciences are just stupid. Why doesn't my conscience ever take a day off, huh?
Maybe when the caramel corn is finished I'll take a shower. Maybe that will help. If nothing else I'll lick the pan.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Lazy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment