We hit the ground running this morning and mostly ran into roadblocks. We made a list of stuff to get done and then got sidetracked, thrown off course, or rained out. In spite of that we made a little headway and it was still a good day.
I have bunco here this week and am cleaning house because that's just how I roll. People who know me know that I could clean for a living and probably do pretty well. But let's get this straight: I'm not OCD. I'm just good at cleaning.
R mowed the yard before the rains (deluge) hit which was a good thing. We noticed the gutters were overflowing in the middle of the storms and he worked like a trooper to get them cleared. I wouldn't let him go up on the high spots on the roof because I was worried it was slick from the rain, but some of the lower areas he was able to reach with a ladder.
We intended to go get a few plants to pot up. We stopped at one place during the monsoon and bought two pots. It was raining too hard to enjoy shopping so we came home with our meager purchases. I didn't get anything potted up but I can do it when it dries out a bit.
We intended to get the house cleaned but I just managed to work on the kitchen and the upstairs is pretty well done. We had tons of laundry as I pulled off the winter comforters which then took ages to dry. I got the bird's cage cleaned but only managed to sweep the floor under his cage, ignoring the rest of the dining room. We needed to go to the store but only managed to find time to get a gallon of milk to get us through breakfast.
Still, it was a good day. We dashed out to an open house and decided it was NOT the house for us. It had light berber carpeting throughout the entire first floor, kitchen included! Then it had sherbet pink sculptured shag from the steps up and throughout the entire upper floor, bathroom included. It had tons of windows that were all single pane with no storm windows and all were in some stage of rot. It feels good to let houses like that go with no reservations.
Gotta go. I need a quick nap before I veg out for the rest of the evening.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Wiped
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment