Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dreamy

Another vivid, weird dream last night. I was at work and my boss wanted me to go running with him. He runs 5 miles every day, so I'm not sure how I thought I could stretch my tiny little mile into 5, but whatever, it's a dream. I was trying to get ready to go, and was gathering up my running stuff which happened to be at work but I seem to remember that it was all over the office in different places. And it wasn't really my office, it was more like "The Office" office. But bigger.

So I'm trying to get it all together and although it seemed to take forever, I finally assemble it. We head down the back stairs and it's dark by this time, but the moon is shining in the large windows by the stairwell. We're heading to his country club to run.

Next thing I know we're at the country club. It's out in the country (duh!) and is more like an old lodge than a country club. It's rambling. We go inside so I can change into my running clothes. There are lots of people there and my boss points me towards the bathroom where I can change. Oh, and for some reason, R appears here and is also waiting on me to change.

I go towards the bathroom which has a knotty pine door and a line of women waiting to get in. I know how my boss hates to be kept waiting, so it makes me antsy but I get in line. It's moving slow. I peek inside at one point when the door is open, and I see a lot of guys sitting wrapped in white towels with dark Van Dyke beards. That's weird.

Then it's my turn to go inside the bathroom. I find that it's really more of a locker room with benches along walls and stalls towards the rear. It's full of women changing, visiting, and what not. Lots of white robes. I was torqued that I waited in line when I really didn't need to. I start to change into my running clothes and for some reason it is really hard to do. Dreams can make simple tasks hard I guess.

I'm listening to the women talk, and I'm impressed by their intelligent conversation. I thought to myself, "So this is what a room full of college-educated women sound like." I can't remember what the topics were. I finally get changed and I leave the locker/bathroom and bring my work clothes and purse to R to hold.

We look for my boss and decide he's out back. We can't figure out how to get back there, so we figure it's easiest to go out the front door and walk around to the back. There are people all through the house/country club and it's hard to get around them. I think they are mostly wearing white terry cloth robes.

We go outside and it's still dark. We go around the building but it's a large building and the path takes us way out into the surrounding yard. There are lots of trees and gentle slopes and something that looks like white area rugs in the moonlight. As we get closer, we see they're not area rugs, but white bread laid out in rug patterns. Big circles of bread made up of lots of slices. I realize that's what they use to attract geese and ducks, and they lay out new carpets of bread each night for the fowl to eat the next day.

Then I see my boss off in the distance. There is a bonfire and he is near it, chatting with other country club-ees, wearing a white terry cloth robe. Fortunately, here is where I wake up.

Whew. Thank God I didn't have to run. With my boss. In a bathrobe.

I don't like working in my sleep and this felt like work. Tonight I hope I dream something relaxing or nothing at all.

I just realized all of the white stuff in this dream. The moonlight, coming through the window in the stairwell (and I think I remember seeing the moon), the white towels on the guys in the bathroom, the white robes on the country club-ees, and the white bread area rugs all over the landscape. And the bonfire shone white in the night from a distance. And I just remembered -- everyone in it was white.

I have no talent for dream interpretation, but I think I conjure up some pretty good details.

No comments: