I'm laying around tonight, not doing a damn thing. Feels good. We've been busy and have more busyness in store this month, so not doing a damn thing is important. One of my horoscopes (and often you have to keep looking to find one that tells you what you want to hear) told me to take it easy tonight, so I'm listening.
I want to proudly state that we got up and ran this morning. Our walking partner is out of town, so R and I decided we could run, or at least try. We've got a ways to go to get back up to speed, but I feel the effort is worthy of note. We walked, ran, walked, ran, etc., but I'd rather see how far I can go at a stretch. We'll get there.
I had weird dreams last night. One was that I was on a bus that was more like a mobile home with my cousins. I have a ton of cousins on my Mom's side, and we have a family reunion scheduled for late June so they're on my mind. Anyway, the "bus" had rooms and furniture in it. I was towards the front near the driver, who was my Dad. My Dad died a little over 10 years ago, but it didn't seem weird that he was driving. My cousins arrived to get on the bus, and I saw that the women were dressed alike in orange blazers and white skirts with orange flower prints. They all arrived together and all sat towards the rear of the bus, in what was like a back bedroom. I was feeling conspicuously left out, when a news crew arrived. They interviewed the people at the back of the bus about our family reunion. Then the cousins broke into song, obviously rehearsed, which made for a good "feel good" feature for the news. I sat forlornly up at the front, wondering whether I'd missed the memo on the rehearsal.
Sigh.
I woke up and was feeling kind of bad before I realized that I enjoy my cousins and they enjoy me. In fact, I've become friends with a couple of them since adulthood that I never would have thought about as a child. I'm one of the younger ones in the cousin list (I think I'm 22 out of 25), so I played with pretty much the same one or two cousins as I was growing up. Then I also realized that the orange blazers and floral skirts were actually pretty ugly and I was glad I didn't have to wear that all day. Finally, it was nice to see my Dad again, even if only in my dream.
It warmed up today, but the wind came with it. It was cold early when we ran, and we think we heard the owl hooting. Never could find it though.
My baby turned 26 today. His baby is due in two months. Life is a cycle and I love it.
Just to verify that I'm borderline obsessive and at the very least anal, I got a new vacuum yesterday. It is a Dyson and I am thrilled. I've vacuumed at least 3 times in the past 24 hours. I absolutely love seeing what gets sucked up. I may go brush the dogs just to have extra hair to pick up.
Done.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Not doing a damn thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment