Today is May Day. When my kids were little and even back when I was little, we made cone baskets out of construction paper or newspaper or even pages torn from wallpaper books and filled them with lilacs, spirea, daffodils, tulips, columbine, or whatever else we had on hand that was blooming. We'd make a loop handle and hang the basket on the doorknob, ring the doorbell, and run. Since my kids have grown and we've had some young kids move onto our block, we have received a couple of May baskets from the neighborhood little ones. None today but the memories are too sweet for words.
No word yet on the job interviews. That's okay, I'm coming to terms with whatever the outcome may be. If I need to keep looking, I'll keep looking. I think my karma knows that if I'm going to make a change, it will need to be the right one. I'm half way there, and I deserve for the second half to be a good one, job-wise.
I put out some allysum tonight that I bought last weekend. It's supposed to storm later so I wanted to get it into the ground. It is super fragrant and vibrant. And it takes a lot of abuse and inattention. Love plants like that.
I'm going to wrap up before the thunderstorms hit. I need to shut down and unplug some stuff. I learned that the hard way when I had a lightning strike take out two modems, a TV, and a couple of phones. Plus it knocked me off the toilet. Word to the wise: empty your bladder before the storm arrives.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
May Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment