Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Almost waxing

The moon is on the final few percent of it's waning phase, so it should be waxing soon. I hope it's by Thursday, because I think that would be a good sign.

I have an interview Thursday afternoon with a human resources firm that places people for different companies around town. From what I can tell, many of them are construction companies (excavating, ready-mix, etc.) which has excellent possibilities for casual work attire. I am being sent to them on the recommendation of the CPA who reviews the financial statements I prepare, so I have a good reference. I actually spoke with the head honcho today about the interview, so it's good I wasn't sent to an underling right off the bat. Nothing against underlings, but I want to get this moving.

Work has been unbearable. I told my boss today that I am "THIS close (imagine my thumb and forefingers held in a slightly apart pinch) to walking!" I actually told both bosses that. And I referred to the secretaries as Bitch A and Bitch B. That got a laugh though. But I really meant it and I really am "THIS close!"

I also sent an application to the local university the other day for an accountant position in the business office. Just a few blocks from my house so I could save on gas and possibly even walk. Who knows, maybe there will be a bidding war for my expertise! Score!

I had a great time at the family reunion over the weekend. I'm enjoying my cousins more now than I ever did when we were young. Many of them were significantly older than me which limits how you interact when you're a kid. Now it doesn't matter. If I remember right, there are 25 cousins and I'm number 22, so I'm far down the line. This is my mom's side and so most are married now, with kids and grandkids, that there were about 90 of us at the reunion. My mom and two brothers are still alive, along with three of her inlaws. Fun time.

Our fawn pug was walking weird today and we thought he had a stroke. He was walking like a person who spun around in a circle many, many times. He was falling to one side and leaning when he stood. Then as quickly as it came on, it quit and he was fine. I'm thinking he probably actually did spin around in a circle many, many times because he spins before he poops. Sometimes it takes five minutes for him to find the exact blade of grass to poop on. How stupid is that?

No comments: