Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Closure

I had my going-away lunch today. It was for my going away from the old job. It was nice, though a bit belated, and I made a special point to look fantastic. Even my hair cooperated and I wore a new outfit. Take that!

It was not as awkward as I thought it might be and the BB ended up asking me a couple of questions regarding a couple of issues. It looks like my expertise has no limits. Take that too!

I am now officially into my new phase. It's out with the old and in with the new...clothes. I went out tonight and found a couple more things. Enough already with the clothes! But I'm enjoying having some casual and dressy casual things where before I only had dressy and super casual. This sounds stupid. There are too many categories.

I also got a Pedi-Paws so we could trim the pugs' nails. It looks like it could work pretty well once I get the hang of it. I tried it on the easy pug so it remains to be seen how the super hard pug handles it. Our fawn male has black nails and absolutely hates for them to be touched, much less cut. He is the one that usually ends up bleeding (see the post "Crime Scene" at http://halfwaythereyet.blogspot.com/2007/12/crime-scene.html).

I'm so enjoying my life now. I can't wait to get a paycheck for a full month to see how the change in income will work. Since I'll be doing some consulting for the old job I'll for sure have a little extra. Looks like with the Wall Street meltdown I'll need it. It's almost too scary to watch the news but I haven't had time lately so that probably explains why I'm enjoying my life right now. I haven't heard NPR's "All Things Considered" since I started working. I miss it but I think it would overwhelm me with bad news right now anyway.

Okay. My eyes are done. They burn like I used the Pedi-Paws on them. My prescription should be ready tomorrow so I hope that helps. Good night.

No comments: