Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quickie

Just a quickie. It was a spectacular day weather-wise and it's beginning to feel like fall. I planted three pots of mums last weekend just to keep a little color going on the front porch and deck. I cheaped out and bought the smaller pots and they are a little dwarfed in the big pots but I don't care. Left the springeri fern in the pots in front to add interest.

I did some contract work tonight and then we wandered around Target and Walgreens. I bought a few things including a new gizmo to heat water for hot tea at work. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I also bought a couple of mugs with a lovely blue-green glaze and a black interior. The black interior is important with tea drinking because lighter mugs end up looking stained. I also bought six pairs of socks to wear to work. They are made from bamboo fibers and are super soft.

At Walgreens I bought several of the clearance Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Altoids that I'm thinking are probably being discontinued (hence clearance). They are nice to keep in my desk when I need a little sump'n-sump'n.

It's been a long time since we had a chance to wander around and shop at leisure. It was fun.

And now the quickie is over.

No comments: