Ideas for things to write about keep popping in and out of my head, but nothing's sticking to the wall. The weather is not just cold, it's frigid. My goals have been to keep warm, get from building or home to car as quickly as possible, and leave as much snow as I can outside. With such limited, single-minded goals, things don't bode well for making this an interesting post.
I'm re-reading a David Sedaris book. It's still as funny as the first time I read it. He always makes me laugh and leaves me a little disappointed that I can't write like him. How does a mind bend so hilariously? The truth is, I'm not completely without wit. In fact, among people I work with and in some social circles, I'm considered to be pretty funny. But that's only because they didn't grow up in my family. In my family I'm average to below average on the funny scale. Oh well.
Has it been a while since I made a list of annoyances? You're in luck, it's time for a new batch!
1. People who say something they think is funny and then laugh at it (usually it's not funny). I'm thinking of my boss here who believes he is hilarious. Plus his laugh is annoying.
2. People who fish for compliments. We all do it to some degree, but we also know people who do it way too often. Again, my boss comes to mind. He must be bugging me because he's turning up a lot in the list.
3. People who harp on the personality quirks of their boss, rather than just deal with it. I hate that (um....oops).
4. People who call and leave a voice mail and leave the important information in an unintelligible way. Like they say their name too quickly or their phone number is mumbled while doing something else or turning away from the phone. I get that a lot at work because people who are young enough to attend college are often not schooled in phone etiquette.
5. People old and curmudgeonly enough to use the term "phone etiquette".
6. Stupid songs that play instead of a ringtone when I return a call to a person's cell phone. So far the song has never been one that I know or care to know.
7. Cold french fries from McDonalds. They should always be piping hot. (Dang, now I want some.)
8. People that don't pick up their messes. Like when they drop something or spill something and don't clean it up. At the risk of violating annoyance number 3, I'll let you guess who I'm talking about.
9. People who don't think I'm fantastic. What's wrong with them?
That should do it. I'm sure I'll think of more later and they'll be beyond hilarious, but then I'll forget them immediately. You can chuckle at the prospect.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Miscellaney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment