Thursday, January 6, 2011

Updates

An update on the potential job:  The department let me know today that they will be contacting my references.  That only means that I am being considered for an interview, and barring a really bad conversation with my references I should eventually get an interview.  But it lets me know they are still working on the whole thing.

An update on our pet situation:  One of our cats, the long-haired diluted calico, appears to be feeling poorly.  It's happened before, but we're keeping an eye on her.  Also, our blind, deaf pug fell down the basement stairs tonight.  R was carrying down a new bag of dog food, and he opened the basement door, turned to close it behind him, and the dog went down before he got it shut.  The pug slid almost to the bottom of the stairs before he tumbled off, but it appears he wasn't badly hurt.  Still it makes us feel bad.  Please don't call the ASPCA.

An update on the crippled shoulder/elbow/wrist:  A co-worker recommended I try Biofreeze on my aching joints which is something I've never heard of.  Turned out another co-worker had some in her desk, and she let me try it.  It really felt good, and the first co-worker is going to pick me up some when she sees her hairdresser tonight because it isn't sold everywhere (and I have no explanation as to why it is sold at a beauty salon).  The one I used was in a roll-on applicator and it went on kind of like a smooth, thin gel.  Then it turned cold (there was a little bit of scent but it went away) and then it was warmer.  It made my arm feel better immediately.  I can't stand to put ice on my aches because it usually hurts, but this was comfortable.  I doubt it would work in place of ice to reduce swelling, but it sure helped with my aches.

An update on R:  He has decided to take up running again so he can whittle away at the remaining weight he needs to lose.  He ran three nights this week.  I will not be joining him, and we are both happy with that.  I am just not a runner and when we tried to run together I just slowed him down.

And that's all the updates I have for now.

2 comments:

Josie said...

Yay! I'm so glad dad is back running!

On another note, I signed up for a triathlon...

Mary said...

I am so proud of you! I'll be there to cheer you on (or at least bring the wine when it's over)!