I have had trouble with my left shoulder and the left side of my neck getting stiff as I'm working more and am busier at work. Today was a day off from work but I had to catch up R's books and annual returns so I worked much of the day in my home office. And now I'm stiff. Do you think that's where the term working stiff came from? Probably not -- it predates computers.
I completed one contract job last weekend and I have one more to go. It's the big one that has 1099's, a 944 return, and W-2's. Yuck. At least there's a paycheck at the end of it.
I couldn't get excited about going out today so we ran a couple of errands tonight. Post office, bank, pharmacy, and fabric store. My son had called to see if I could pick up another yard of fabric they are using in my grandson's room because the shops near him ran out. He told me there were coupons in the paper and I told him I had some coupons so I was good. We went to the post office and mailed our annual returns and estimated taxes. We went to the bank and deposited a check through the ATM. We went to the pharmacy and picked up R's prescription. Then we went to the fabric store and I found the fabric, bought it, and came home. R was looking through coupons because I told him we need to tighten our belts a little and he found one for the fabric store for 50% off. He asked me about it and then I realized I forgot to use the one I had. Bless his non-judgmental heart, he then called the store and asked if he could bring our purchase back in and get the 50% off. They told him yes and off he went, not complaining in the least.
Sometimes I don't deserve that guy. Seriously.
Today after I worked in my office I worked on cleaning up some of the messes around here. I scrubbed my bathroom and then filled a bucket with cleaner and worked on the lower sections of our walls where our blind-deaf pug leaves his face prints as he bumps his way around. The lower sections look good but now you can see where I stopped so we clearly have to wash the upper sections too. Sigh. Maybe this weekend. I wanted to clean the refrigerator and vacuum the coils but ran out of steam. I did make some pepperoni bread for supper that was killer. Made some steamed broccoli to have with it. My recipe calls for using roll mix or frozen bread dough but I just made up a quick pizza dough and used that. It hit the spot.
I can't say I know much else. My neck hurts so I think I'll stop and reposition in a more comfortable way. I'm crocheting another snuggie and I may try to do a row or two on that. Back to work tomorrow, so I'll need to get a good night's rest. And on it goes.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Working stiff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment