I've had a ton of data entry since getting back to work and my left shoulder is hunched like Quasimodo's. My neck is tight, my elbow hurts, and my fingers somehow tingle and hurt at the same time. My right trigger finger aches from mouse clicks. Yep -- I'm old. And crippled.
I took a hot bath tonight to loosen up and I'm getting a keyboard tray moved to my desk at work. I used to have one but when I moved into a quieter corner that desk didn't have one. I tried to work without it but I'm afraid I'm nearly crippled for life so there you go.
For added fun, I may be hot flashing. I'm not sure because it's not really bothering me that much, but remember I'm cold 95% of the time so whatever is happening over the past few weeks is just causing me to average more towards normal. I'll keep you posted. (If you read comics, read the Zits comic that ran in today's paper and think of me. Well, me without a teenager in the house.)
I haven't heard anything about the job yet, but since I work there I know that those wheels grind very, very slowly. I'm not worried but if I was applying from the outside I might be stressing a little. Our office has already had a little upheaval when one of our hourly people took another job (outside the university). She was a smart person and could work hard but had a bad habit of spending way too much time on personal calls and visiting with our receptionist. That didn't bug me so much until she'd complain about being too busy. Beg pardon? But one of the hardest things about working with her was that she was younger than my daughter (by a year) but acted older than me (by far). And she would go to Tea Party rallies. Gad.
I had an African violet in my kitchen window for the longest time that never bloomed (well, not since I bought it when it was blooming). I finally moved it to another window and....nothing. A few weeks ago, I brought it to my office and put it on my windowsill. I just found a bud. (Plant) life is good.
Okay, I'm sure an editor or writing professor would chastise me for my overuse of parentheses in this post (but let's face it, the whispering aside that's implied is charming) so I guess I'd better wrap up. I don't really have a topic anyway, just a crippled hand and sweaty feet. Ta!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Crip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment