It's really cold again today, wind chills in the sub-zero, still snow on the ground, still icy when I step out of my car at work. We had some errands to do tonight but I didn't feel like going out because I've been cold all day. And that's after sitting in front of a space heater all day at work.
I did turn it down to "Low" for a while, and then I got chilled and my fingernails turned blue. Well, not really blue, but blue-ish. So it was back up to "Medium" but that's only because the "High" doesn't work.
And now I'm under my electric lap blanket, stuck again on the couch. But it's okay, because the season finale of the "Real Housewives" is on tonight and I'm going to watch those silly excuses for women behave badly. It's all about (fake) looks and money with them. Must admit, it makes me feel superior. It's also discouraging because they raise their daughters to behave just as badly, and I'm appalled at the lack of emphasis on intelligence and self-reliance. It's all about the surface.
I'm an awfully dang smug midwesterner, aren't I? Who knows how I'd behave if I was tall, thin, and "blonde". Seriously, being stupid seems like a viable option when you have other assets to fall back on. Thank goodness for my short genes. And my poverty.
I didn't walk this morning. My partner canceled because of slick roads. Turns out they weren't too bad, but what are you going to do. The weather makes it too easy to talk ourselves out of walking. Lord knows, I haven't run in weeks (December 22 I think -- when the snow started). SIGH!
That's it for now. Maybe I should exercise my brain a little. I think I'll do the sudoko in today's paper.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Desperate weather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha Ha Ha I got you hooked on that show!
Thanks a lot!
Post a Comment