Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New year, new post

Browsing through blogs reminded me that lots of people post when the new year begins. I figured I'd better get crackin' before day one is over.

We had a lovely New Year's Eve with the g-kids. We went to R's sister's house for a bit last night and then home early to put the kids to bed. Their parents were able to attend their first New Year's party in ages and we were happy to oblige by keeping the little ones. We hate to go out on New Year's and much prefer going to bed at a normal time and then enjoying the first day of the new year. Very lame, I know, but that's our long suit.

We used to go out, stay up late, all that jazz. It was fun then and this is fun now. The fireworks always wakes us up and we buzz each other and wish a sleepy Happy New Year. Then back to blissful sleep.

I have actually had a project itch. I thought the other day about finishing the dreaded guest room closet so I can move on to less boring pastures. I want to rehang a couple of pictures in the living room that will require filling holes and painting in order to put them where I want them. Not the whole wall, just the spackled areas. It's been a while since I've had a project itch, so I'm kind of excited that it's showing up again. I was probably pretty burned out and just had to lay low for a while.

I'm working on a baby afghan for the new grandchild due in July. I started it before I knew they were expecting, which is weird. I've never made a baby afghan that wasn't designated for a specific baby, but I just felt like there would a baby coming along sometime in one of our families (that's no stretch considering the size of each). I had no idea it would be a grandchild of mine. Bonus!

Well, that's it. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow, but who does? New year, new projects at work. Maybe that's why I've got the project itch here at home -- because I'll have absolutely no time to do anything for at least a month. And when I do have time, I can say that the urge has passed.

No comments: