R and I received another senior discount today. We get a kick out of it since neither of us are eligible for it. If they asked us if we were eligible we wouldn't lie about it, and we never ask for it ourselves because again we'd be lying. But I guess when you order a small fries (to share) and two child-sized drinks in the middle of the afternoon, all after circling the parking lot in a '94 Buick LeSabre, you've got senior discount written all over.
We're driving the Buick, our old car which is now my son's, because he is using my Honda Accord to travel to his interviews. Someone asked me if I lent him my Honda in order to make a better impression, and I said no, that we just want him to get there. I sure miss my car though. We bought it new in 2005 and it was my one and only new car purchase in this lifetime. I've never had a car that was such a perfect fit for me. The size is just right and it has all of the options I want but not too many. And it's not fancy but it's nice. I'd drive it the rest of my life if I could. Who knows? Maybe I will.
We worked around the house today. I worked more in my office and R worked around the house. He installed a new shower head in his shower and I got all of the work done for one client. We felt accomplished enough to head out this afternoon and shop around a little. I've been wanting to try and grow an orchid and we looked at a couple of nurseries to see what they have. No luck. Then we went to a big box home improvement store and they had a really nice selection. Score! I love the one we picked out. It's an unusual combination of colors.
He's fixing supper now. I'm resting my shoulder and then we're going to watch a DVD tonight. A nice day where we had a good blend of accomplishments and enjoyable activities. Feels good.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Senior
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment