We celebrated #31 yesterday. Celebrate may be too strong a word, but we still had a nice day. It's crazy that our wedding, which was a lot of fun, took place 31 years ago.
Since we had our weekend away for our anniversary a few weeks ago, we nearly forgot the actual day. Monday night R told me he hadn't had a chance to get me a card. I NEVER remember to get cards, so it didn't bother me. I told him we didn't need to exchange cards and not to worry about it. We had already decided to go out to dinner, so who needs a card?
Tuesday morning when I went out to get the paper at 5:45 a.m. I noticed there was frost on his windshield. I scratched a heart into the frost. Seemed like the perfect anniversary card -- hand-made and from the heart. He noticed it on his way to work and called me to tell me.
When he got home from work that evening he had a small bouquet of flowers that he picked up on the way home. We don't need no stinkin' card! Then we went to a nice dinner, and finished up at the grocery store. Sounds about right.
I got off work early today and started making pies. I made a pecan, pumpkin, and an apple. I got new leaf-shaped cutters from Williams-Sonoma and used them to decorate the crust. Cute. Very Martha. Tonight I made a loaf of cranberry bread which is cooling as I type. Tomorrow the kids will all be here and I'll be cooking up a storm. All my favorite foods. I wish I could add on a stomach so I could enjoy twice as much. Seriously. Someone needs to look into that.
I may wrap up and head to bed. I didn't sleep well this week, probably because I kept going to bed early. I'm going to try to sleep in because nothing has to go into the oven until late morning. Dang this house smells good!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
31-derful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment