Thursday, November 13, 2008

Feet up

I'm not budging off the couch until it's time to put myself to bed. I have wine, I have chocolate, and I have an electric lap blanket dialed up to 7 (out of 10). I've worked every night this week and I'm taking a night off. Last night I worked late at my real job, went to a visitation for a friend's husband who died, baked 4 loaves of Amish Friendship Bread (and tossed the rest of the starter because I'm not insane), and worked from home at the old job until about 9:30. I cannot keep up that kind of pace because I am not a high energy person. Thus the couch sitting extravaganza.

R made supper for me (scramblies and toast -- my favorite comfort meal) and brought me my wine and chocolate. I had a hard day at work and am just trying to chill so I can't even stand to be working in the kitchen at this point. Good thing R is here or I might starve, unless takeout would deliver to my couch. And first go get the phone and dial itself.

I've got this eye thing going on. My left eye has been spasming for what, a year now? Maybe the word isn't spasming, maybe it's twitching. I've talked to my optometrist about it who says it's probably stress. No help there. I've told him in the past it gets better when it's not so strained (when my glasses are the right prescription) and he says my glasses are fine. It's to the point where I don't know what normal feels like. I wonder if the cataracts are contributing. Damn stupid eye problems.

I'm so loopy I can't think clearly. This little post has already taken me over an hour to write because I got distracted checking stuff at the old office. Snooping really, because I told my replacement what to do to finish up financials and none of it is done yet. What she doesn't know is that I e-mailed my old boss to tell him what needed to be done as well so he can figure out why it's taking so long.

Oh my gosh, my eyes want to close. Done.

No comments: