Okay, I thought of something today that probably every other thinking person has already thought of, but I'm always a little slow on the uptake.
I figured out exactly what is wrong with Sarah Palin and why she is such a horrible candidate to be second in command of our country. Let's pretend Sen. Obama came to me after hearing about my reputation as a plain spoken, hard working, new face in the world of politics (accounting) and said, "Mary, I would like you to be my running mate in the 2008 election." I would immediately be flattered and probably blush (because that's what I do) but I would also give the offer careful consideration and would undoubtedly come to the conclusion that Sen. Obama may have chosen me based on information that he gleaned from his sources, but that I alone know whether or not I could really, truly do the job. I know how smart I really am, how much I really know about the issues, how well I perform under pressure, and how many distractions that my life as it is now would bring to the table. I know it is an honor to be asked, but I also know that I am not the person for the job by any stretch of anyone's imagination on any planet in any universe. So therefore my honest answer would be to decline graciously, and thank Sen. Obama for his inquiry while offering my help with whatever I am qualified to do. And then we would move on.
Now don't you think that makes more sense? In what universe does Palin believe she is up to the task? Is her opinion of herself really that skewed? Everyone else knows it, even the people that chose her are second-guessing that strange and very clumsy move. So come on, Ms. Palin -- be honest with yourself and your running mate and your country and do the right thing. Isn't that the definition of maverick?
Okay, I realize this is kind of late to make that request of her. But I'm giving it a shot in case she is surfing the net and is googling what the heck "Half Way There(?)" means in terms of a distance between Wasilla and Juneau and my blog comes up accidentally and she notices her name in it and gets curious. You never know.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Palin Schmalin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment