We found a canary yesterday and brought him home. The first pet store where we almost bought one said they couldn't guarantee it was a male, that we'd need to have a blood test done to make sure. Huh? Since only males sing (females chirp) and the whole reason for getting one is for the song, we passed.
The second pet store sold only males (oh THAT's why they were $30 bucks more) so we bought a pretty yellow guy with bright eyes. We also found a cage there I liked better and returned the one I bought the other day.
We named him Jimmie. Yesterday he was acclimating and didn't do much but sit, and chirp just a bit. I was worried he was a she. This morning I was online and read that they like to be whistled to. I tuned up my chops and within about a minute he took off. WOW is he a singer! He's singing to me now and it's so lovely. I'd forgotten how it sounds because I haven't had a canary since probably middle school.
I just cut up a little broccoli for him and he's singing his head off. The pugs, who were originally concerned about another little critter in the house, are over it. A nap on the couch feels better.
We saw the littlest one yesterday and had a great time. They came to town to head to a farewell party of one of my son's good buddies. His parents have a great house and a pool so I took a dip although the water was warm enough to bathe in. Not as refreshing as I would like but still it was a swim.
I did a dry run this morning on getting up earlier so I can be at my new job earlier. Looks like a half an hour earlier will do it, especially if I get my clothes ready the night before. It shouldn't be a problem because I'm awake at least half an hour before my alarm goes off 95% of the time. I'm going to try it for the next two weeks. I start the new job August 11.
I'd better wrap up now. Time to really go to work.
Monday, July 28, 2008
He's a singer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment