Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Misc

R is gone to our grandson's t-ball game and I'm falling asleep on the couch for no reason other than I'm too boring to keep my own self company. I tried to rustle up some grub when I got home but we have nothing to eat in the house. I ended up fixing an omelet, finishing up the last handful of dark chocolate M&M's, making a small batch of popcorn (and slightly burning it) because I needed something salty and topping it off with a Slim-A-Bear because I needed something sweet. Maybe that's why I fell asleep....

I could have done better but we're out of fruit, salad fixin's, and most everything else. We really need to get to the store or I may eat a couch cushion.

Work was weird today. I've begun telling a few clients and vendors that I'm leaving and they have been very sweet and sad to see me go. Still no word from certain people I work with, but whatever. One client who had asked me to work part time for him if I stayed where I am (kind of a job share) saw me today and very kindly congratulated me on my new job, giving me a hug and wishing me well. I really could have worked for him, I just couldn't have stayed where I am in order to do it. I didn't want to be a butt to my office though and tell him that.

Looks like more drama is on the horizon with our ex-partner at the firm. He keeps calling me to see if I'll help him out in setting up his new office, and I keep trying to say no and find him alternatives that don't involve me. We got word today there was another arrest last night and it appears there is even more to the story that we realized. How low does a person have to go to hit bottom? Apparently pretty dang low. And then when you think it can't get any lower, it does. And then it hits magma.

We're crazy in love with Jimmie the canary. He's pretty and a showy singer. R wasn't familiar with canaries and he was blown away when he heard him. I used to have them and I forgot how gorgeous they are. He's in our dining room so we see him and talk to him throughout the day, but we don't have to compete with him when he's tuned up.

Flipping out is on and I'm getting my weekly dose of dysfunction via the Bravo channel. It's sick I'm sure, but it makes me feel normal. And with all of the craziness, it's funny (when it's not painful).

That's it. I'm boring myself again.

No comments: