Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Exhaustion

I'm bone tired tonight, but still hope to get a little walk in later. I had an interview yesterday (went well) and one today (also went well but I found out I don't want it) and my face hurts from looking intent and interested. I'm tired of trying to sound smart, come up with intelligent answers on the fly, and answer the question, "What are your biggest weaknesses when it comes to the workplace?" I'd love to say, "I have no weaknesses, except for a low tolerance for stupid questions pulled from a 1985 interviewer's manual," but no matter what I plan to say I always draw a blank when the question is asked.

And now I'm drawing a blank on anything else to say. And I'm not even interviewing.

We have been enjoying tons of fresh veggies from customers of R's shop. We've had corn, green beans, potatoes (red and russet), onions, and a jalapeno pepper. I love people who grow things and are good at it. My pathetic attempt at tomatoes failed again this year because I forgot I should have planted them in the garden and not in a pot on the patio. We picked exactly 5 tiny cherry tomatoes a couple of weeks ago and now it's apparently done.

I had a Slim-A-Bear tonight which is Klondike's answer to the 100-calorie treat. Dang delicious is what that is. R split it open and served it to me with malted milk balls on top which probably made it 101 calories, right? I'll suffer the extra calorie.

I'm going to give up now. Too....exhausted......to...........type...................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: