Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More misc

Our fawn pug had his surgery today. There was confusion at the vet's office when he went in because they thought he was there for neutering. My son brought him in and told them no, he was neutered years ago, this is a recent "development." They finally figured out what was what and he had the surgery. They found something "the vet hasn't seen before in all of his years of practice" which is typical for any medical condition in this family (pets included). I actually laughed when the assistant told me that over the phone. He probably thought I was being insensitive but I've heard that line so many times (substitute the word doctor for vet).

Anyway, whatever it was is being sent off to a nearby university with a vet school for evaluation. They're not strongly suspecting cancer but can't rule it out. It also doesn't appear to be an infection. Could it be popcorn? He loves that.

He's doing fine now and ate some supper tonight. I think it will help him as he was starting to walk funny and was not holding his tail in a tight curl like a good, healthy pug.

Had an amazing run of luck at bunco tonight. I came home with $35 which is more than half the total that goes into the pot. Woo hoo!

R went to the store tonight. We had NO food in the house. None. It's nice to have some fresh fruit and veggies to munch on when I'm hungry. Not to mention M&M's.

I didn't sleep well last night so I treated myself to a large Diet Coke this morning. Dang it was good. I sucked on it all day.

That's enough misc for now. The bird is asleep, the pugs are asleep, and I should go up and make up a deposit and find clothes for tomorrow. Tomorrow is the end of the month so I need to prepare bills to send out for R's shop tomorrow night. I should have caught up a few days last night when I wasn't busy but I was sleeping on the couch. But it's hard to get moving when Ice Road Truckers is on!

No comments: