Today was my first day at work after telling my boss last Thursday at the end of the day that I'm leaving. I had two dear people stop in my office and tell me they'll miss me. To keep things in perspective, Bitch A and Bitch B did not speak to me today or acknowledge my news. Ahhh. That was such a validation that I made the right decision.
I took one of the dear people to dinner tonight, who said she had cried all weekend. I think she felt better afterward. I hope so. It's going to be tough for her to be sure but she has a good heart and I think she can do it. She's less than two years from retirement and I told her she can stick it out for that long. Heck, I could have stuck it out for two years. Just not 15.
I ate too much at dinner tonight and it's sitting just under my solar plexis. I should take a walk later, but it's about 1,000 degrees outside with 99% humidity. Dang it's hot. We'll see. Maybe when the sun goes down a bit.
I called and made a hair appointment for Friday. My hairdresser has knee surgery tomorrow so I'm going to the only guy in her shop. She told me he cuts a good bob? Is that what she said? I'm not even sure what my hair style is. I hope she didn't say he cuts a good mop!
I also called to get one of our dogs into the vet on Friday. He's overdue for a visit, way overdue on vaccines and flea medicine, and has something going on with his (ahem) scrotum that I can't figure out. He's been neutered since he was about a year old, but in the past few months his once empty sack has swollen and now it's pretty big. He's starting to walk funny. Now today one of the dogs (we're not sure which one) has been throwing up -- a LOT. When I put the dogs in their crate this morning, one of them didn't want to go in and I saw there was puke on their bedding. I pulled out the bedding, threw it out the back door (I was on my way to work so I didn't have a lot of time) and went to work. Then when I was home for lunch, not much was going on until I got ready to leave to go back to work. I noticed a puddle of puke in the kitchen and when I went to clean it up, I saw two more. Oh my God! I cleaned them all up and got ready to put the dogs back into their crate. As I headed into the dining room, more puke! OH MY GOD! I cleaned that up, tied the trash bag shut to try to cut down on the stink, and went to work. I told R what to expect when he got home from work and to advise him to light a candle and take out the trash. Tonight after I got home one of them threw up in the TV room as I sat here typing. OH.....MY.....GOD!
I hope whichever pug is doing it is okay. It could just be the heat. But cleaning up six pukes a day isn't fun.
Don't know much else. Work sucks and dogs puke. Sounds about right!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Tough but good day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment