Did you ever feel like you just rock? Like you've got it down and no one else comes close? That's me today.
I'm still tying up loose ends at work, trying to leave the cleanest, neatest, most organized, clearest set of books and files possible. I've always subscribed to the theory that every job should be transparent and that anyone with the proper training should be able to come in and pick up where you left off. That no one person should hold the information key.
But.....turns out I'm dang near irreplaceable. The more I try to leave instructions and notes the more I find to do. And no one else in my office knows how to do any of it. No exaggeration there, they just don't. Ha!
I'm going in tomorrow to sit in on two interviews for my replacement. The CPA we used to act as a screener said they are "okay" but none of the candidates he reviewed stood out. Looks like they'll have to take what they can get. Double ha!!
I feel like the kid on "A Christmas Story" who imagined he went blind and he had to tell his parents it was because of soap poisoning. He was able to rise above it all and make them feel bad simultaneously, leaving them to live the rest of their lives with the guilt and shame of not appreciating him and causing him to go blind. "There will never be another Mary," they'll lament, "she was one of a kind."
Buh-wah-ha-ha-ha-haaaa! (evil laugh, fading into a distant echo chamber...and out)
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Ode to me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment