Sunday, July 13, 2008

I've got nothin'

I don't really have anything to write about, so we'll see what pops up.

R turns 50 in just under a month, finally catching up with me. Our plans are to try to get the kids together for a dinner, either here or at a restaurant, which may be our biggest obstacle. I think we're looking at September possibly which would be late but at least not never.

I caught up books for two clients today, so I'll be getting a couple of paychecks. Sweet.

R cleaned house today while I worked upstairs. We found out our old, heavy but expensive vacuum has a broken handle. We have no idea how it happened, but I'm guessing it's related to the broken whatever it is that keeps a sweeper upright. The damn thing falls over all the time. I'm just worried about what it fell into and how badly the heavy old thing damaged it. Good thing I got my new sweeper in May or I'd be really annoyed.

We went to a friend's house for dinner and swimming last night. The temperature was in the low 60's. In the midwest. In July. We did not swim, but the Italian margaritas I made were good. However, it was a complete waste of leg shaving and self-tanner lotion.

I haven't been sleeping well lately, but last night was pretty good. Too much crap going on at work right now to allow me to relax. That's enough of that.

Did I mention I've been losing weight? I've been trying, so don't get concerned. I was told to watch my diet and get down to my ideal weight and I'm following doctor's orders. Who knew I just needed a dictum from an authority figure?

We watched a movie tonight, "The Waitress" with Kari Russell. I liked it, but R once again could not shut his yap during the movie's climax. He felt I needed to be made aware that the pugs were sleeping next to me. I'm going to tape his mouth shut the next time we rent a movie.

If that sounds like excessive annoyance, it is. But it's not the first time he's done it and it's not the first time he's been told it's annoying.

But the movie was great, I liked the characters (except the abusive husband who we were supposed to hate anyway) and I liked the simple lines and story of the movie. It didn't try to be more than it is, and it did what it should do very well.

We caught up with a couple of old friends tonight who saw us going for a walk. They're house shopping for her oldest son (in his early 30's) who may be moving back to this area. Since we're practically real estate experts, we showed them around to a couple of possibilities. Good thing about moving to the midwest: tons more house for the money.

I guess that's it.

No comments: