What the heck is going on?
I had a call from a second job possibility yesterday, telling me they'll be calling my references because they are "considering me for the position." Today, one of my references/friends called me to tell me they called her and they had a good visit about me, the most amazing person ever. She mentioned that it would be a good position because of the possiblity of advancement and also because she has done work for them and they are a good place to work (local university). Plus it's less than 5 minutes from my house, a trip that could be made on foot or with a bicycle.
Then later today I went in to give my boss some papers and saw he was with a client so I backed out of his office, apologizing for the interruption. He called me in and told me they had been discussing me and introduced me to the client who is a big wig with a development firm. They were wondering if I would be interested in working in tandem with both organizations, filling each of their needs on a part-time basis that would total full time. My current boss would employ me full time and contract me to the development firm for whatever hours I would work there. That way I would retain all benefits but have more pay because of the increased hours while I wouldn't actually have to work as many hours in my current office (reducing the Bitch A and Bitch B exposure). In fact, rather than the 28 to 30 hours a week I currently work for the law firm, I would be down to 20 or less. Could I handle them for 20 hours or less a week?
I don't know. My head's swimming.
To top it off, we went to dinner tonight and R thought he saw the owners of the firm that is considering me. I don't know them but he kind of does (they have heavy equipment and he's worked on it in the past). I'm glad I wasn't rambling on about interviews and jobs and whatever else when they sat down. I'm the queen of foot in mouth.
Oh, we went to dinner along with friends as a thank you for a painting she gave us. We were seated right away, but were outside (we asked to be). It wasn't too hot because there was a breeze. We sat for probably ten or fifteen minutes with no one even bringing water to our table, so R went looking for someone to serve us. He found a woman who he thought might be management (older than the wait staff, standing near the front door) and told her we needed some drinks, or at least some water. Someone brought water right away and we went ahead and ordered our drinks and our dinner. The older lady he spoke to brought the margaritas and then proceeded to diss my husband by saying something like "I thought I'd better get these out because I don't want to make you mad again" (said very sarcastically in a fake fearful voice). It was clearly a slam and I would have taken her down at the knees but we were with friends and it was a thank you dinner that I didn't want to ruin. Then, after dinner when my friend ordered coffee, it arrived stone cold. R again had to track someone down to get her a hot cup. I checked it for floating saliva before I let her drink it.
No one offered to comp anything. And R still tipped 20%. But if I meet miss diss in an alley, she'd better have on her running shoes. I may be a short little wuss, but I'm a bear when you mess with my kids or my husband.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
What the heck?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment