Monday, July 14, 2008

What the heck (redux)?

I have an interview tomorrow. Then I got a call today and I have another interview Wednesday. I went to a neighbor's house tonight for a little ice cream (a neighborhood thing) and when I got home there was a message from a former boss wondering if I wanted to do some contract work. I'm in freakin' demand!

Of course, the reality is these are just interviews, not job offers. And the former boss is the one who had to leave the firm because of public inebriation and felony charges resulting from kicking out the windows of a cop car. And I wouldn't work for him (or another attorney) in a million years. But still!

Positive thinking! Positive thinking!

I checked the human resources page of the university where I interview tomorrow. The benefits are so good I might just cry.

Okay, deep breath. Don't count your chickens, get the cart before the horse, or jump the gun.

Let's see, what else is going on. Hmmm. There's an election coming up later this year, isn't there? I hear the price of gas has gone up a bit. And the French president has a hot wife who has a new album. Oh, and there's a new set of twins in the Jolie-Pitt household.

I guess there is a world outside of my little drama cubicle.

Did I mention I wouldn't need to wear suits to the university job? If I get it I'm buying myself a bike and a boatload of comfy pants. Take that!

No comments: