Sunday, December 14, 2008

Deep freeze among other things

The forecasts said it was going to get cold today and it did. I think it was 55 deg. when we got up so we pulled on tennis shoes and went for a good walk. Maybe an hour after we got home, it was in the 30's. It's now in single digits with a wind chill of zero. Tonight we ran outside to check out the Christmas lights R put up yesterday and today, and it is definitely cold. The lights look good though.


We got a lot done this weekend. Still no tree up, no gifts wrapped, nothing baked, no decorating done except for outside lights, but I think we're doing okay (I'm possibly delusional). Most of the shopping is done. We ordered a honey-baked ham from the local meat market and will pick it up next weekend. I took my baby sis to breakfast for her b-day and gave her a gift. I made a chocolate chip cheesecake for my brother's b-day and delivered it to him today. I made a batch of bran muffins for myself and had one this morning for breakfast. I caught up R's work and got property taxes paid. I got the fireplace tuned up for the winter which meant changing the batteries in the remote receiver so I could sit back and turn on the gas. Then I sat in front of it and read a book. I made a batch of noodles and tonight we had chicken noodle soup. Freakin' yum! AND, I took apart and cleaned each of the three white ceramic canisters with wire bale locks I use to hold tea, popcorn, and coffee. I always try to accomplish at least one meaningless, useless task when I have tons to do. I think that qualified.


I have a doctor's appointment in 9 days. I need to lose 5 pounds by then so as not to completely embarrass myself in front of my doctor who is a friend, dating back to grade school. I don't think I thought it through very well when I started going to her, huh? Plus, they'll be rechecking my cholesteral and what-not and I don't want to completely blow those numbers either. Kind of hard to be good though when there were two office parties at work last week.


I did manage to polish off the chex party mix so I can get down to business and behave. We bought a bag of clemmies so I'll have plenty of fresh fruit to behave with. Plus my awesome bran muffins, made with chunky natural applesauce with raspberries.


We just looked outside. It's snowing. I'm secretly glad so I don't have to walk tomorrow morning since the wind chill will be negative. Good thing I walked today.

I'm stopping. Simpsons is on and I don't want to think anymore.

No comments: