Thursday, December 25, 2008

Mellow Christmas

We had a very, mellow Christmas. It was nice. We slept late (for us) and opened just a couple of gifts apiece. We're having our family Christmas on Monday, so today was "prep day." We wrapped gifts, and I made cinnamon rolls to take to my mom's. They were awesome -- a really good batch. I addressed Christmas cards and will mail them tomorrow. It's not too late is it?

Tonight when we got home we took a little walk. It's been too cold to be outside much, so it was great to stretch our legs. We only managed to circle the park because it also began to sprinkle on us. It still felt good to be out.

We ran over to see neighbors tonight who have a new grandson. He and his parents were visiting and he's a bruiser. I held him for a while and my arm is aching now, but he's healthy and happy and doing well. R had him laughing but he can always make babies laugh.

When we got home R gave me a foot rub. Ahhhhh.......

I'm home tomorrow and will catch up on bookwork. I also want to eat at McDonald's (for some reason all I wanted all day was a piping hot order of their fries, so I've got a craving that needs to be fed). I'm still reading Barbara Walters' book and enjoying it, so I'm going to get some grease and salt and read some dish. Tell me, what's better than that?

Nothing. Not one thing.

No comments: