I've got tons to do and I'm trying to filter out the might do's and the could do's from the should do's and the must do's. It seems each year my holiday preparations shrink along with the time I have available to accomplish them. Last year, for the first time in my life, I had an artificial tree in my house. This year, we haven't even managed to get it out of the basement or hang a single decoration. It's pre-lit for heaven's sake! We just have to put it up and plug it in!
I've got to make cookies this week, and I'm not sure when that will happen. R is off to the store to get ingredients, but I'm out Wednesday night with my bunco friends to a fun dinner. I'm supposed to turn in the cookies to the charity fundraiser on Thursday and Friday is the holiday party at work where I should be contributing something to the treat selection.
I guess that leaves Tuesday and Thursday night to make something. But those are work nights for me to catch up R's work and probably my old office that has kept me busy in spare moments the past few days.
Oh well. Hand wringing won't help. What gets done gets done. Sometimes the pressure either forces action or weeds out the things that can get weeded.
I did get a haircut on Saturday. And I did give myself a manicure last night, complete with new, clear nail polish on my nails. First things first, right? I should go do dishes now. I should also put on rubber gloves to protect one of the two things I have actually accomplished.
Man oh man I hope R brings home some M&M's. I think a lack of them is what's holding me back.
Monday, December 8, 2008
What is required?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment