I was finally able to see my doctor today. I made the appointment 7 months ago, for what I can't remember. It was supposed to be a routine exam but I didn't want to have her do my pap (she's a friend from way back) but we ended up gabbing. I did show up with a headache that was wearing me down, and I told her about my migraine self-diagnosis and she concurred. So she gave me samples of something, I took one when I got home, and voila! I feel much better. It will be nice to have something to take when I need it.
I wanted to know if I am menopausal (she doubts it). I still have trouble sleeping a lot of the time so she's trying something else to see if it helps. I picked it up from the pharmacy tonight, and it's actually an antihistamine (non-addictive) so I'm curious to see how it works. I'm not due for blood work until June 2009 (insurance) so I'll stop in then to get it done.
I thought I'd need a bone density test but she said that's only done after I'm menopausal. That makes sense. Apparently for women, all things hinge on menopause!
I love my friend, the doctor. She gets me. She's a strong personality and she appreciates that in other women. I filled her in on my new job and she's happy for me. We hope to have lunch sometime in January.
Work is busy and I'm overwhelming myself a little bit, worrying about how the new term will go. It will be my first semester on my own and with all of the tasks that ended up on my desk. I'm going to watch and see, but I may ask for Friday afternoons off if I end up working lots of extra time after working hours. But as of 5:00 tomorrow night I'm off work until January 5!
Woo-de-freakin'-hoo!
R is upstairs wrapping my gift(s). I have stubbornly refused to get anything done early, so I haven't wrapped a thing. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I work until 5:00. I'm thinking it's getting down to the wire, and I should probably get busy. But I'm going to take my antihistamine and get a good night's sleep first. All things work better when you're rested, right?
Nighty night!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Medicated
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment