Today I am 52. It doesn't even seem possible and it doesn't feel old and yet it does. My office was great and very sweet and had a cake and a card for me. My boss wished me happy birthday and then couched it by saying "...that is if you're still celebrating birthdays."
It isn't his fault. Lots of people don't like having birthdays, but I happen to love having them. They are special days in our lives and we only get one a year. They are total "me" days, full of indulgence without guilt. For instance, I ate cake, a cupcake, and another half a cupcake today. All different. I had dishes to do this morning but R did them for me. When I look around and I see things that need doing around here, I think to myself that I'm not doing that today. It's my birthday. Such freedom to ignore.
My beautiful little towheads were in town today. My daughter brought them in and we all had dinner together. A wonderful treat for R and me.
My eyes are trying to close and it's not even 8:00 p.m. It's not because I'm 52, it's because I've been so busy and haven't had enough down time. I think I'll rest before I go to bed.
Only 365 days to go before my next day of indulgence. Good night!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Bounty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Now that just makes it even more special! Thanks!
Post a Comment