It's Saturday and I'm tackling little tasks as the day goes on. I finished up R's books so I can ignore them for the better part of next week. I had breakfast with my mother and sister. I bought a new set of flannel sheets and now they're laundered and on my bed (I wish I could go to bed right now). We made trips to the bank and the post office. I bought nail polish and something that is supposed to make nail polish not chip and I gave myself a manicure. Now I don't want to do anything to mess up my nails. I set the VCR to tape something for a friend but only after having to drag out old tapes, review what can be taped over, reset the VCR clock and channels, and search for the instructions for my TV so I can try to get my remote re-programmed. That task just pissed me off.
My house is dirty but I can clean tomorrow. There is laundry to do but not too much. The yard is adrift in leaves and things that need to be cut back but I'm not sure I'm that ambitious. And I really should do some pug tending.
Our fawn pug needs his nails clipped. Badly. His blindness is causing problems as he is starting to poop just outside our back door, resulting in too many shoes that need scraping. Even if I put him out in the yard, he shuffles around until he finds his way back on the deck and for some unknown reason poops right at the door. I'd yell at him but he can't hear. I wouldn't really yell at him because he can't help it, but it is annoying.
It feels like the house is really dirty with the pug poop and other odd smells and of course the incessant dog hair. The bird cage needs cleaning too and I'm sure the cats have left something disgusting in the basement. Feels like a litterbox around here. A litterbox a day or two past its prime.
Oh well. I always say I like to clean. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. Bed will feel good tonight so I should be primed to clean tomorrow. Gotta love the weekend.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment