I had the craziest dream last night. Very vivid and real. I checked the top of my head this morning and felt relief I had hair. You'll soon see why.
I was hooking up with people at some hotel/auditorium kind of place. I looked in a mirror that was hung at an odd angle and saw that you could see my scalp beneath my hair which had become very, very thin. Then I turned and saw that I had a huge bald spot on the top of my head. Not just thin, bald. It was even shiny like it had been bald for a while. I was horrified and wondered why I hadn't noticed it before. I also wondered if other people had noticed. Were people at work looking at me and wondering? I tell you, male pattern baldness looks weird on a woman.
Then we (and I cannot remember who was with me) started walking down hallways and corridors that had rooms at odd angles on one side. On the other side was an auditorium or arena but I couldn't see all of it. I couldn't see it because there was a wedding ready to begin and the wedding party was lined up and ready to start going down to the arena. They were all on some kind of fake horses that were really pretty big and were dressed for a hunt I think. The music started for them to march in (there were dozens of them, all dressed alike, all on fake horses) and the music was appropriate to their dress. The arena was full of people and the crowd began to roar.
Then a large wooden cart, like the kind you might see peasants pulling in the 15th or 16th century, rolled by, ready to descend into the arena. The cart was full of babies. They were all sitting up, but none was more than probably 9 months old. They were all dressed in pastels and none of them were crying. They were all beautiful and glowy, kind of like they were filmed through a vaseline lens. It was an amazing sight, and again the crowd reacted.
As we headed along the edge of the arena/corridor, I caught a glimpse of the bride on the floor of the arena. She was rolling around. I have no idea why. The next thing I knew she was in a carriage with her groom and both of them were ugly. I knew this wedding had to cost a fortune, and I was disappointed that the couple was so unattractive. It kind of ruined it.
We finished walking past the arena and down another corridor. A maid was cleaning a room and we went into it, trying to find the path to where we were going. We went through the room which we found had been occupied by one of the wedding party as things and clothing were strewn about as if someone had been getting ready for some big event. We went out onto the balcony, realize it is not the way out, and headed back through the room. We tried to act like we should be there so as not to alarm the maid.
And then I woke up.
And I've been checking my scalp all day.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Dreaming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment