I had two warm fuzzies at work today. The first was when I got there and opened my e-mail and my boss's boss had responded to an e-mail I sent to my counterpart at the technical school with some instructions and plans for clearing up some questions and problems. Working with her has been and will continue to be a challenge, but I'm up for it. She is really nice, just bad at her job. And she's taking the fact that she needs my help a little personally. I'm trying to be diplomatic and not point out flaws or mistakes, just move her in the right direction while explaining why I'm doing that.
Anyway, the boss's boss told me I was "handling the situation perfectly." Now how often do we get to hear that from the mucky mucks?
Later in the day, I heard from someone else at the technical school who told me the temporary fix I had sent her to get something printed was working. She thanked me and that was good. Then her boss e-mailed me on the same topic and told me they are very grateful for my help. Then she made a joke about my four-letter word vocabulary which we were laughing about the day before (I didn't swear in front of her, I just told her I wasn't put off by people who do).
Dang -- I'm going to go and get a big head now! But it's okay, I needed a little pat on the virtual back.
I brought a pan of blonde brownies to work today for Bosses Day. All of the staff brought stuff. If raises were handed out on the basis of the best treat bringers, I would have a nice one. The pan was emptied before the end of the day. Ghiradelli chocolate chips just don't fail to make a cookie or bar special.
R took me out to a really nice dinner tonight. We ate at a little French restaurant that's near our house. It was really thoughtful. It was for my birthday which seems ages ago. They brought a nice little layered pastry with a candle in it after we finished our meals.
I'm glad I ended the week on such a high note. I even feel better than I've felt all week. I thought I was just tired and really cranky, but I'm not sure I didn't have a touch of something that made me ache all over. R is struggling with a sore throat and now a cold, so I'd better enjoy my clear nasal passages while I can. We know I'll end up with it eventually.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Warm fuzzies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment