Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beyond exhaustion

I'm so tired I feel sick. I really do. I worked last night until 9:30 at the old job, all while nursing a screaming, behind-the-eyeball headache. I still have it today, and in fact enjoyed its company all day. I can't tell if it's sinuses or a migraine, but it's a doozy. If I could vomit I would, but my eyeball would probably fall out. That actually sounds like a relief...

I had to call the old boss today to update him on my replacement and our schedule for getting together. I told him we were going to work again on Wednesday night and I told him I worked last night until about 9:30 so I was pretty wiped. His response was, "I had a school board meeting until about the same time so now you know how I feel." My mental response was, "You f-ing bastard."

I'm doing the guy a favor, spending my off hours training his new employee at the same time I'm working my new job, and I'm supposed to feel sorry for Mr. $250 an hour? Take a leap.

He also told me I need to get the replacement up and running because his secretary (Bitch A again -- I just can't get rid of her!) is really swamped. Since I didn't see her in the office last night until 9:30 I'm not too sympathetic. I cannot believe he brought that up but I've known for some time his world is only as big as his reach.

Okay, let's move on to hilarity. It's disturbing, and probably is fraught with hidden (or not) meanings, but it's crazy. I had a really weird dream last night. I had gone to my old job to retrieve more of my things. Several people were there including former employees. I found a boom box and a couple of hand-crocheted afghans that I had left behind. I was taking them home when I ran into a friend from way back (the sister of a friend who works at my new job). She was there with her family and they were having an argument. Her dad was in on it (but in real life he's dead). Next thing I knew, I was given a leash with a coyote at the end of it. It was a long leash, and the bunch of us were walking down the road alongside a canal. The canal had boats in it, including one with a horse on board. Then the coyote jumped into the canal and spooked the horse. I kept trying to pull the coyote back out of the canal, but the horse was thrashing and the leash was long and hard to manage.

Then I woke up.

I hope to go to bed in about an hour and sleep my headache away. Cross your fingers. Then tomorrow I'll give myself another one working until 9:30 again. Oh, when the idiot awards come out, check for my nomination. I'm a shoe-in.

No comments: