We went out today and shopped for a bike for me. Of course I found one that was more than I thought I'd spend, but I got it at a bike shop, got a lot of good advice, and the plan is if it's a good bike and easy to ride, I'll ride it. If it's a cheap bike and hard to manage, I won't. So which is the best use of my money? They're pretty good at selling bikes I think.
I did look at cheaper bikes and I didn't like any of them. I tried a couple at Wal-Mart and Target and couldn't find one that fit me that wasn't pink or purple sparkly painted with WAY too many gew-gaws. (Don't you love that word? I don't know if it's old, but it sounds like it is and it's cool. Although it reminds me we were shopping yesterday and R said "Well I'll be jiggered!" and I thought he sounded about 80...)
R took his bike down from hooks on the garage ceiling and is going to take it to his shop to clean it up. Then we'll ride together in the evenings or whenever. Amazingly I found the key to the little lock on the cable on his bike, but I have another set of keys that say "bike lock" on the tag so I know there's another set out there. And I know it's a better cable and lock so I've been looking for it. Now where would I have put that?
I still have a broken tooth. I've learned to eat and drink around it so I'm going to call my dentist's office in the morning and see when we can schedule. Actually, I'm going to wait until I go to work so I can get a feel for how and when to schedule it, then I'll call. My dentist was out of town all weekend otherwise I may have gone in and had him temporarility fix it. I wondered about trying a home fix but all I could come up with was Bondo and I figured it's toxic. Now that would be a dumb way to die.
We had the annual cannonball contest today at a friend's pool. I medaled but it was for creative outfit. I wore my tiara, my diamond earrings, and my medal from last year, but in truth I was the only one who did anything out of the ordinary. I didn't even know there was a medal for creative outfit, I just figured it would be a good occasion to wear my tiara.
R said I did good with my cannonballs, but I lost when we drew for bonus points and the only other competitor in my division got more bonus points than me. I'd love to polish my technique but when I only swim two times a year it's kind of hard. But he said I would have won based on cannonballs alone. So there.
Tomorrow's the big day. I'm going to get my clothes ready tonight so I don't have to wonder what I'll wear. I'm also going to go through my closet and retire the suits and dresses, and figure out what else I have that I can now wear comfortably to work. Especially when I'm riding my new bike. I've got butterflies!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Now I've gone and done it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment