I'm officially a hard workin' son-of-a-gun. I had an 8:00 a.m. staff meeting, worked till a little after 5:00, came home and worked until R got home, went to grab a quick burger and then off to the old job to work until 8:30. I'm home now, pooped, and plan to take a bath if HGTV doesn't lure me into a stupor first. I got everything caught up at the old job, and while I was there I left little tasks for others to do. It was sweet. For instance, I know the old Bitch A doesn't like to do petty tasks for others, and used to complain about putting a letter into an envelope for someone who had left work early. So I left her a stack of stuff to run through the postage meter tomorrow. I also left an invoice returned for a better address for her to put into a new envelope that she must create. Ha!
Okay, I know it's crazy, but is it too early to love my new job? The staff meeting today was apparently something that happens every Wednesday morning. It was pleasant, everyone was comfortable, no one was sulking, and people shared. I didn't say much because I don't know much, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was decided that perhaps a Sonic run would be in order later in the day because of the hectic pace in the office during enrollment. This afternoon during Sonic's half-price drinks time, someone came to my desk, asking me what I'd like. I'd been really busy so I caved to a Diet Coke fix but what I really liked was being asked! I can't count the times in the old office where I was forgotten or they did things when I was out of the office on Fridays.
I have a lot to learn about the third-party payors, but I'm enjoying it. And it will be just a part of what I'll be doing so there should be no boredom.
I've got to admit something kind of dark though. I'm so jaded and used to people around me having the worst attitudes that I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Are people really this nice? Do they really say good morning each day in a friendly voice that welcomes? Do they really visit and share stories and laugh with one another? What has happened to my psyche that I find this normal, human behavior hard to fathom? Can six years of dealing with difficult people be wiped away? We can hope.
I'm wiped so I'm going to get stuff ready for bed. I can wear jeans tomorrow (we've been given special t-shirts to wear because the students are moving in) which I love, love, love. I can also wear jeans on Friday if I wear a university shirt of some sort. And the g-kids are coming Friday night to stay over so we'll have a fun time.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Hard workin' son-of-a-gun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment