I had a dream last night that answered the question "What is the meaning of life?" in a straightforward, although a four-part way. It was a revelation and beautiful in its simplicity. I could have made millions on the book deal, if only I could remember it this morning.
I can remember one small part of it. "If you sing, you are blessed." I think that was it, but it might have been "If you sing, you are saved, (or praying, or something spiritual)" which doesn't make any sense at all in the light of day. But I gotta tell you, the clarity of it all in my dream was amazing!
I remember singing in the dream and I must say I was singing way better than I do when I'm awake. And since I personally know several people who can't sing a note (I'm personally married to one of them) my revelation seems a bit exclusionary in the light of day. But it made so much sense! Maybe the other three parts made it all come together better than it sounds now. We'll never know.
We got the pathology back on the fawn pug. It was a mass, some kind of growing tumor (no, it was not popcorn), but on the scale of 1 to 4 that is used for levels if severity or invasiveness or something like that, his growth was a 1. Nothing to do now, and he seems to feel a lot better. His tail is curly and his walk is straighter.
It's freakin' crazy hot right now. We took a walk last night and cut it short because it was just making me too hot. I had to take a shower before bed which I never do, but this morning my hair looks pretty good. Hmmm.
I cleaned out the canary cage yesterday and we bought him a little swing last night. He hasn't sat on it yet, but we'll see. He's singing up a storm to me this morning. Is he blessed?
I've got laundry and cleaning to do today and I should probably do a little work in my office since I now need to STAY ON TOP OF IT or I'll regret it later. It's a good day to stay inside. It's a good day. I think I'll sing.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Meaning of life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment