I've been forgetting to mention that we've seen a fox family on our morning walks. My neighbor saw it first and I didn't (I don't wear my glasses when I walk) but it appeared again a few days later. First we saw it and then saw two more coming from the storm sewers at the corner curb. One was sitting on top of the sewer and looked injured. We didn't want to walk so close to an injured fox in the daylight, especially since we would have come between the one across the street and the injured one, so we went a different route and R called Animal Control when we got home. They were less than helpful but said they'd check. Then we saw just the one again this morning.
This is a very residential area we walk in, lots of houses, not huge yards, no woods or anything like that. It's also within two blocks of a very busy street. It's so weird to see a fox in the city! Or else it isn't weird and I'm just a really unobservant person. That might be it.
When I saw it this morning, it made me miss my owl. Haven't seen it in a couple of months. Do foxes eat owls? Clearly I'm a city girl.
I was a total dumb-ass this morning. I had my talk with the boss and told him I didn't want to deal with Bitch A any longer and I didn't want her contacting me with questions after I left. I had it rehearsed way better in my head and it all came out stupid and dumb. Like it usually does when I try to make a valid point about someone else's faults. The conversation ended up with me saying something like, "Okay, I understand she may have to contact me, but can you keep it to a minimum?" and him agreeing to that. I'm going out with a wimper, that's for sure. Dumb-ass.
I will be working for the old job through a remote desktop connection on things no one else in the office can do. Please let them find a replacement for me soon so I can get on with my new and improved life.
Okay, big news of the day. R will turn 50 tomorrow! We get to have dinner with our kids! It will be a wonderful day to have them all together. I cut his hair tonight so he'll look beautiful on his birthday.
I had a stupid phone call yesterday. I talked to my doctor's nurse. I had gone in for a second blood test after my cholesterol was higher than they liked last time. I had a message to call her with the results, and it took a couple of days of phone tag to connect. When we finally did, she told me that my sodium was normal. I said "Okay," which was dumb of me. She told me to continue with my diet and exercise. I said "Okay," which was also dumb. Then she hung up. Then I said, "Huh? What about my cholesterol?" and then I called her back (quick thinker that I am). She said they hadn't even measured that. They were only checking my sodium which was low last time and now it is normal. She said they wouldn't check cholesterol until maybe six months had passed because it wouldn't do any good to do it earlier. I had written down everything she told me after the first test, and that was not made clear. The concern about the sodium was not made clear. The fact that the diet and exercise was for the sodium was not made clear. And I had to Google to find out why having low sodium (which sounds like a good thing) is something that needs a follow up. Because she did not make it clear.
What we have here is a failure to communicate....
I need to go do dishes. I think it would be nice to accomplish something today.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Fox news
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment