Sunday, August 31, 2008

David Sedaris makes me snort

I was reading David Sedaris' new book, "When You Are Engulfed In Flames" this morning and I was alone in the living room, laughing until I cried, snorting between guffaws. I think like him but I can't write like him. He writes what I would write if I could write like that.

We have no food in the house. I've gone to the kitchen for a treat (something chocolate) at least three times today to find there is nothing there. I'm considering the baking chocolate at this point.

I've got two days of nothing to do and I'm really excited about it. It feels like a real vacation. R washed my car and we're watering the neglected yard but nothing pressing. More importantly I don't have to go into work, get online to work, or work up in my office. Done. For two days.

So I find myself thinking...should I go upstairs and finish painting that guest room closet? I looked it up and it's been a few weeks short of a year since I walked away from it. The paint cans are still in there. The drop cloth is still down. I guess we'll see how the day plays out. I don't want to rush into anything.

Besides, there's more David Sedaris to read.

No comments: