Monday, August 18, 2008

Exhausted

I worked hard at the new job today and will go tonight to the old job to train the new employee. I spoke with her on the phone last night and she sounded nice. I'm tired, have a headache, and really wish this was over, but I'll do my best.

I am so enjoying the new job! Turns out I replaced (sort of) someone who was not really doing her work, in debt up to her eyeballs (I had tons of collection calls come through my voice mail), and who (I don't know this for sure) may have been lightening the deposits just a little. I tell you, no matter how bad I look right now, I surely look better than that! When I say I "sort of" replaced her, it's because the job was restructured and reorganized and divided a little differently. Looks like it needed to be!

Our goofy bird seems to be taking baths in his drinking water. I can find no other explanation for the soaked newspapers lining the bottom of his cage and the water splashed on the wall behind him. I would be annoyed but truthfully I'm just glad he's bathing. Canaries need it and I haven't had much luck with putting a shallow bowl of water in his cage. Besides, there must be some weirdness to him or he wouldn't fit in with our other pets. Weirdness is mandatory around here.

I'm pooped so I'm going to nap for half an hour before I need to leave. Try to carry on without me.

No comments: